Capitalism’s economic hierarchy system and structure has evolved over thousands of years to a point where it is now so tainted with villainy due to its vulnerability to corruption, that the very worst of our species have risen to the top through centuries of financial bullying, shady deals, back-stabbing, bribes and blackmail; that over time, has granted certain families, corporations and their business allies positions of great influence & power.
In the Capitalistic system, it’s an unsettling fact that these unscrupulous individuals with power and wealth at the top of the financial pyramid, have direct influence over the quality of life of everyone else below.
Democracy does not work when it is money that steers a nation and not the will of its people. It is not right that these morally corrupt individuals are making such financially self-serving decisions at the cost of great suffering to millions; indirectly guiding the precious ship of our future onto dangerous and jagged rocks for nothing more than their own gain.
Capitalism demands infinite growth on a planet with finite resources. It’s a system which exhausts and drains people, simultaneously destroying the environment on which we all depend for our survival, just so the 1% at the top of the pyramid can live in luxury. Let us be honest here and admit that it is only the top 1% who truly benefit from the capitalistic system, everyone else are merely economic wage-slaves propping up those at the pyramid’s peak.
Whether we like it or not, Capitalism has given birth to the age of the psychopath.
A psychopath is someone whose brain has developed without the software of empathy and a connection to their emotions. They are exceptionally self-serving, not caring who they hurt or damage in acquiring whatever it is they desire, often being money and power. Most are not violent, but many are viciously ambitious. In essence, a psychopath has no conscience and will do anything at any cost to further their own agenda. For the record, only a small percentage of psychopaths turn-out to be murderers, despite how they are portrayed on-screen.
Psychopaths do not process emotions in the same way that everyone else does, having almost no connection to the majority of feelings that belong to the human experience. Because of this, friendships and relationships prove challenging to a psychopath, as the emotional drive that fuels these pursuits just isn’t there for them. Psychopaths have to fake the portrayal of the feelings required for any kind of relationship, for the sole purpose of fitting in. Without this effort on their part, a psychopath would appear cold, robotic, cruel, distant and uncaring, leading to the subsequent failure of that connection and their potential discovery. Fake friendships and romances are the societal disguise of a psychopath, allowing them to appear normal and remain undetected. Relationships of any kind are a necessary inconvenience to them, more than a meaningful pursuit.
For the record, many psychopaths have been documented as having exceptionally high levels of intelligence, which they need for their own survival; as it requires a sharp mind for them to accurately mimic emotional queues and responses. They do this to remain hidden in plain sight, as the label of ‘psychopath’ adds zero merit to career paths and relationships, ultimately preventing them from achieving their goals. It’s in their own best interests to remain undiscovered.
They do not find the pursuit of love or happiness appealing. They instead find the acquiring of wealth and power to be thrilling, investing their time, effort and energy into attaining as much of it as possible.
Due to this, banks, corporations and the political centres of every country are rife with psychopathy, as psychopaths are drawn to the money and power hierarchies of these institutions like wasps to a beer garden.
Many people project their own healthy perspective of conscience and morality onto the corporations & establishments of the world, refusing to believe the dark rumours of their unscrupulous behaviour are even possible, expecting psychopaths to approach & process life as they do. However, the proof is in the pudding; as when I hear of the insidious decisions being made by the various governments and corporations around the world, I acknowledge with great sadness that such behaviour is to be expected from those without a conscience. Their very actions give them away.
Psychopaths being in charge of each country’s political and economic infrastructure is what has led our world to its current state. Environmental protection laws for example, are overruled by psychopathic corporate leadership paying-off psychopathic legal decision makers, people more interested in their own financial gain than safeguarding our species habitat for the collective wellbeing of us all and for future generations to come.
Expecting a psychopath in a role of influence to care about the wellbeing of the collective is utterly futile, as they simply do not have the necessary brain software for that type of leadership. Would you expect a shark to care about the feelings of the surfer whose perky wetsuit covered buttocks it just turned into a light and chewy mid-afternoon snack?
Their reckless, selfish and short-term profiteering is condemning our species and the planet to an operatic oblivion.
Wars are the most profitable of all capitalist business ventures, generated revenue in the billions. Psychopathic political leaders have no problem steering a country towards war for the sake of generating vast amounts of wealth for themselves and their business associates, thanks to their shares in weapons manufacturing. Lacking empathy, they care not for the unbelievable level of monstrous suffering, destruction and loss of life that war generates, as long as they benefit from it. This is why the western world is always involved in one conflict or another, war is forever perpetuated by the establishment to safeguard a steady stream of weapon sales. Peace will never be attainable whilst psychopaths are in positions of political power and when there is money to be made from the sale of arms.
Also, being in positions of political influence allows a psychopath a certain level of protection from the legal consequences of sating their obsession with power, this includes sexual power over others, which often manifests as sadism and paedophilia. Numerous legal charges of paedophilia and sexual violence have been made against many within political circles over the years, but these cases always seem to disappear, never seeing the inside of a courtroom. When a legal system is so corrupt, that money and power guarantees innocence and legal immunity, that legal system has proven itself to be a sham and broken from the inside-out.
The power structure and hierarchy of the capitalistic system is a playground and economic stepladder for psychopaths, as those with no conscience have zero problems stepping over others to further their own agenda and fill their pockets.
I share this perspective not to sadden you, the reader, but to bring attention to a topic that is often overlooked. The first stage of overcoming any problem; is to first acknowledge that the problem even exists.
I honestly believe that all aspects of life are cyclical, not just the planetary seasons. That everyone and everything has its day. Psychopaths are currently riding the crest of their time, but thankfully, it will be temporary. Everything in life is temporary, including every chapter of our culture’s history and each & everyone of us. A particularly dark and vicious winter will always break with the arrival of the spring; the age of the psychopath will be no different. Their time will have an eventual end.
So what can we do in the meantime to counteract the unpleasant backlash of their tyrannical leadership?
Here are a few suggestions…
1) Avoid mainstream news and newspapers. The psychopathic establishments of the world have no conscience, so use the mainstream media to coerce and manipulate public opinion via a non-stop conveyor belt of fear-inducing propaganda. News broadcasts always deliver biased and agenda-driven information, programming the public as to how they should think and repetitively reminding everyone to be afraid of everything. A frightened populace is easier to disempower and control, hence the employment of this tactic. Also, scared people make better consumers, as happy people don’t spend money. Keep their corporation-friendly, agenderised perspective of the world out of your mind by steering clear of their news sources, not allowing yourself to get pulled into their manipulative mind-games.
2) Avoid advertising, commercials and infomercials. Capitalistic consumerism marketing utilises powerful and highly effective techniques based upon the manipulation of consumer fears. Empower yourself to make clear and decisive purchase decisions, that have not been tainted or influenced by the subtle effects of advertising. Do this by steering clear of watching, reading or listening to any kind of marketing, once again keeping those mind-games away from your life as much as possible.
3) Vote with your money. Choose to keep your money in a bank that doesn’t profit from shares in weapons manufacturing. Choose to also shop with companies that stand-by ethical principles. Just because psychopaths have no conscience, doesn’t free us from the responsibility of answering to our own. Giving our money to unscrupulous corporations adds to their wealth and power.
4) Self realisation. The establishment benefits from our passiveness and gullibility. By actively working upon our own self realisation (connecting with our soul) we strengthen our minds and deepen our connection to one another. This helps in keeping us from being manipulated by their divisive and fear-inducing agenda, as well as simultaneously adding our deepening love and wisdom to the world. We may not have the power to ultimately change the political and corporate status quo… but we DO have power over the destiny of our own consciousness.
5) Safeguard your morale and positive outlook. It’s important to not allow the current state of the world to affect our positivity and hope, as the world needs our optimism and love now more than ever. On a personal level, humans tend to evolve the most when faced with having to overcome a crisis; I believe it to be the same at the species level. This crazy time will one day make sense, as it leads to huge leaps in our collective evolution, as we overcome this dark chapter together and climb back towards the light. We cannot always control what happens in life, but we can control the way in which we respond.
6) Vote for a politician that stands for the collective, not just the wealthy few. However, these politicians are admittedly few and rare, but when one does stands for office, give them a chance with a vote. We must remember though that the political system cannot solve the very issue that it helped create. True democracy cannot exist alongside an economic system due to its extreme vulnerability to corruption. With this in mind, it’s also safe to assume that psychopaths will never vote away their own riches, power-base and luxurious lives; to believe that they will, is innocently naive.
I believe great change is on the near-horizon for our culture, as life has a way of governing and balancing its books without any input from humanity. I foresee the political world ultimately destroying itself at the indirect hands of its own toxicity. A forest fire, regardless of its size and savagery will eventually burn itself out.
The good news is, no storm lasts forever; all storms come to an eventual end, including storms of psychopathy.
Whilst we wait for this storm to blow over, let us connect within and utilise this crazy time as an opportunity to evolve ourselves. Winter is always the best time for self-realisation work, the darkness encourages introspection and healing.
We beat them, by rising above them.
If you disagree with any of the views I have expressed here, I respectfully ask you to please keep those disagreements to yourself. Feel free to be as supportive as you like, I would actually appreciate that. However, please note that any negative comments will be ignored and immediately deleted. I simply wish to share perspectives… not invite heated debates or hostile correspondence into my life.
If you are overwhelmed by the urge to vent at me… I ask you to simply move on with your life… find something online that you DO like… and use that explosive creative energy to leave a positive comment about that instead.
Use your words to celebrate… instead of criticise.
Let your focus be love… instead of hate.